Your time is limited and valuable. You don’t want to spend a lot of time researching for the best HVAC system for your home – and yet, if you don’t ask the right questions of your possible contractor, you could be spending more time (and more money) fixing potential problems.
Ask these questions of yourself:
- Did I check references from a non-biased source, or ask friends for recommendations?
- Did the contractor come to my home to measure and evaluate the size and type of system that would be best?
- Did the contractor offer information on available rebates or special offers?
Then, ask these of your contractor:
- Will they provide proof of license and insurance?
- Will they share recent referrals for similar work?
- Will they provide a detailed, written estimate including make/model of the system, energy ratings, and records of measurement and testing?
- Will they show you how to operate your new system, and how to keep it performing at its best?
- Will they complete and submit any warranty information or rebates, or is that your responsibility?
Create your game plan by knowing ahead of time what to expect of your contractor. Whether it’s time to repair or replace your A/Cunit, Heating Specialties can help you find the best systemfor your home, at the best price. Give us a call at (866) 923-2653 or schedule service online.