Gas Conversions for South Jersey
Many homeowners are choosing to convert their heating systems to gas because of the rising energy costs associated with electricity and heating oil. Are you looking for a convenient way convert your heating system to natural gas?
If you have gas lines running into your home, it will be easier to convert your home to gas heating. Although you may need a larger gas meter, it is easier to convert heating systems to gas if you already have gas lines running into your home.
For gas line installation, contact Heating Specialties to determine the best installation for your gas line and gas meter. This process can take as long as 6 weeks, but the costs won’t be very high when you work with the professionals at Heating Specialties in South New Jersey.
There are many factors that play into the gas conversions rates for your home. Contact Heating Specialties to get your free gas conversions quote.
Converting your heating system to natural gas
Here are some factors to consider when converting your heating system to natural gas:
- If you have a heating system that is less than ten years old, it’s possible to just install a gas conversion burner, which is installed directly into your existing system. This is the easiest and most inexpensive way to convert your heating system to natural gas. Keep in mind that not all heating systems are compatible with a conversion burner. You can expect to pay around $2,000-$5,000 for a conversion burner system installation, depending on whether you need a chimney liner or not.
- For newer heating systems, it may be best to replace the entire system with a new gas heating system. Instead of venting combustion gases out of a chimney, you would use a PVC pipe that vents out the side of your home.
- The best choice would be a new natural gas heating system installation. These systems operate at around 95% AFUE and change your ventilation system to plastic pipes rather than chimneys.
- Propane heating systems are easier to convert to natural gas.
- If you are converting your oil system to a gas heating system, you will need to have your oil tank removed.
Once you decide on a natural gas conversion, contact a qualified contractor to replace your heating system.Ready to enjoy all the benefits of a gas heating system?
Contact Heating Specialties today at 1-866-Y-BE-COLD ( (866) 923-2653 ) for your expert South NJ gas conversions service. Fixed Right, Guaranteed!